Wasps Rugby COVID-19 Supplemental Terms and Conditions
1. These Supplemental Terms and Conditions (“Supplemental Terms”) are issued to deal with the specific circumstances arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on attendance at live sports events. These Terms and Conditions are in addition to the Season Membership Plus Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between these Supplemental Terms and the Season Membership Plus Terms and Conditions, these Supplemental Terms shall prevail. Unless otherwise indicated, defined terms in these Supplemental Terms shall have the meaning given to them in the Season Membership Plus Terms and Conditions. The Club expressly reserves its right to amend these Supplemental Terms as it determines, in order to ensure an appropriate and fair approach in respect of the circumstances arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Season Member Rights and Entitlements
2. A Season Membership Plus shall entitle a Season Member to the full rights and benefits included within a Season Membership Plus, subject to the provisions of these Supplemental Terms, including Condition 6.
3. The Club shall determine the applicable capacity of the Stadium for each Match in its absolute discretion and shall have no liability to any Season Member in respect of the same. The foregoing includes the Club determining (including where this is required by the applicable authorities from time to time) that Matches must be played behind closed doors, with no spectator access.
4. For Matches included within the Season Membership Plus package played with the Stadium at full capacity, the Season Member shall be entitled to access the Stadium for each Match as would ordinarily be the case. For Matches not included within the Season Membership Plus package played with the Stadium at full capacity, the Season Member shall be entitled to access the Stadium for each Match subject to payment of the applicable Match Ticket price. For the purposes of these Supplemental Terms, the term “full capacity” means that the Club has sufficient available capacity in the Stadium in order for all Season Members to attend the applicable Match(es), even if the Stadium is not operating at its maximum overall capacity for those Match(es). For example, if Government regulations and/or safety requirements allow the Stadium to be operated at a sufficiently high percentage of its maximum capacity such that all Season Members can attend, but restrictions remain in place which do not allow all other typical categories of spectator to attend (e.g. spectators who attend on a match-by-match basis), the Stadium will nonetheless be considered to be operating at “full capacity” for the purposes of these Supplemental Terms.
5. For Matches played behind closed doors, the Season Member will have no right to access the Stadium.
6. For Matches played with the Stadium at limited capacity, the Club shall operate a ballot process to allocate the available capacity to attendees. The term “limited capacity” means that the Stadium capacity can accommodate less spectators than the total number of Season Members. Such ballot process shall (subject to the Club’s right to amend the same as it determines appropriate) operate as follows:
A. Such allocation of tickets as the Club decides is appropriate in its absolute discretion shall initially be made available to Season Members in the ballot.
B. The Club shall communicate the ballot application process to Season Members. A separate ballot shall be held for each Match.
C. The ballot will be drawn at random, subject to: (i) the Club providing for the optimal combination of group and individual entries to ensure the Stadium configuration maximises the number of tickets and/or limited capacity available; and (ii) Condition 6E.
D. For Matches included within the Season Membership Plus package, each Season Member successful in the ballot shall be entitled to a ticket to attend the relevant Match. For Matches not included within the Season Membership Plus package, each Season Member successful in the ballot shall be entitled to purchase a ticket for the relevant Match at the applicable Match Ticket price. Confirmation that the Season Member will attend the relevant Match must be made in accordance with the process and timeframes directed by the Club. If the Season Member fails to do so then the right to attend the relevant Match shall be automatically forfeited (but, for the purposes of the ballot rules, the Season Member shall still be treated as having been successful in the ballot for the relevant Match).
E. The Club provides no guarantee that any Season Member will be successful in any ballot(s). However, in order to provide each Season Member with an equal opportunity to obtain Match tickets, the ballot will operate on a cycle, based on the total number of Season Members and the available capacity of the Stadium. Season Members who have not explicitly opted-out of a Match-by Match ballot by emailing email@example.com will automatically be entered into the ballot for every Match within a cycle and are expected to have the best opportunity of being successful in at least one ballot in that cycle. For the avoidance of doubt, if a Season Member does not enter into every ballot in a cycle, there is a reduced likelihood of such Season Member being successful in at least one ballot in such cycle.
To facilitate this mechanism, the Club reserves the right (where the Club considers it appropriate to ensure a fair Match distribution of tickets between Season Members) to exclude Season Members who have been successful in one ballot in any cycle from participating in any further ballots in such cycle.
For example, if the Club has 6,000 Season Members and the Season Member allocation of available seats is limited to 2,000 per match, ballots would run on a consecutive three-game cycle (6,000 Season Members divided by 2,000 capacity = 3 Match cycle) in order to provide an opportunity for all Season Members who enter into every ballot in such cycle to have at least one successful ballot application in that cycle.
For the avoidance of doubt, a Season Member shall be treated as having been successful in a ballot in a particular cycle irrespective of whether or not the relevant Match ticket is actually requested (as described in Condition 6D above) and/or the relevant Match is actually attended.
F. Season Members who are successful in the ballot are not guaranteed access to their usual seat and/or area of the Stadium. In order to maximise attendance when the Stadium is operating with social distancing and at reduced capacity, the specific seats which are made available for each Match will be determined by the Club in its absolute discretion and allocated into different sized groupings (by equivalent sized groups of successful Season Members), and tickets for such seats will be made available on a first-come, first-serve basis to those successful in the ballot. Please note that the usual cost of such tickets for an individual match is likely to differ from the average cost per match of your Season Membership Plus when the Stadium is operating at full capacity.
G. Group ballot applications will be accepted for linked Season Memberships (up to a maximum of 6). Season Members in linked groups of more than six should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If a group ballot application is successful, the applicant will only be entitled to the number of tickets equal to the number in their ballot application.
H. For a Supporter with a Disability, the Season Member Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply and, accordingly, where such Season Member obtains a ticket through a ballot, such ticket shall include a free personal assistant ticket.
I. All timeframes communicated by the Club in connection with these Supplemental Terms (including in respect of the ballot process) are of the essence and a Season Member shall forfeit their applicable rights as a result of any failure to comply with the same.
Credit & Refunds
7. As a result of the current uncertainty regarding the Stadium capacity for each Match, and the implementation of the “agile” approach to ticketing allocation referred to in these Supplemental Terms, a flexible credit and refund process will be implemented for Season Members, as follows:
A. In order to secure a Season Membership Plus and its associated rights and benefits for the Season (including the ability to enter into ballots), a Season Membership Plus will need to be purchased at the relevant price point.
B. If a Match included within the Season Membership Plus package is played behind closed doors during the 2020/21 season due to COVID-19 social distancing measures, the relevant pro-rata value of the match will be credited to the Season Member’s account which can then be used towards future match ticket purchases during the 2021/22 season. If a Match included within the Season Membership Plus package is played behind closed doors during the 2021/22 season due to COVID-19 social distancing measures, the relevant pro-rata value of the match will be credited to the Season Member’s account which can then be used towards future ticket purchases or taken as a refund. If a Match included within the Season Membership Plus package is played at the Stadium at limited capacity, credit will only be made available if a Season Member is unsuccessful in the ballot.
C. Full Capacity – if it is confirmed that the Stadium is able to operate at full capacity, there shall be no credit or refunds available.
For the purposes of calculating the per-Match cost of each Season Membership Plus, the price of that Season Membership (published price of the Season Membership minus any renewal discounts and offset of credit) as paid for by the relevant Season Member, will be apportioned for each Match on an equal pro-rata basis (i.e. the cost per Match = total price of the Season Membership Plus divided by the total number of matches included).
Attendance at Matches
8. Each Ticket will be strictly non-transferable and will include the name of the Season Member to whom such Ticket has been issued.
9. Season Members are requested to bring photo ID to each Match they attend when the Stadium is operating at reduced capacity, as spot checks will be in place. The Club reserves the right to reject entry to and/or eject any attendee who cannot satisfy the Club that they are the named Ticket holder.
10. By purchasing a Season Membership Plus, entering into a ballot and/or attending any Match, the Season Member hereby acknowledges and agrees that their attendance at any Match is at their own risk and (to the extent permitted by applicable laws) the Club accepts no responsibility and/or liability from any illness and/or injury resulting therefrom. All Season Members and ticket holders will be required to self-certify that they are not suffering from any symptoms of COVID-19, both at the point of purchase/accepting the Ticket and again 48 hours prior to the Match. Tickets may not be issued (or, if issued, may be deactivated) or access to the Stadium granted unless such COVID-19 self-certifications are complete. The Club is co-operating with the NHS Test & Trace system and will require details of all spectators attending the Match. Once launched, you will therefore be required to download the NHS Track and Trace App and fully register your details. You will not be permitted entry to the Stadium if you have not downloaded the App. Club staff will be performing random spot checks to ensure compliance.
11. Season Member cards may not be in operation while the Stadium is at reduced capacity. Tickets may be issued digitally to be downloaded to a mobile device. A print-at-home ticket may also be made available for those unable to access a mobile device. The policy on Tickets and Season Member cards when the Stadium returns to full capacity will be issued in due course.
12. All ticket holders are required to comply with applicable laws/regulations, Government guidance and the Club’s directions (including its COVID-19 Spectator Code of Conduct) in connection with their attendance at the Stadium. This shall include a strict requirement that ticket holders do not attend the Stadium in the event that they are required to self-isolate (and no refunds shall be due in such circumstances, unless the Club determines otherwise in its absolute discretion).
13. The Club’s COVID-19 Spectator Code of Conduct is binding upon the Season Member, will be communicated to the Season Member and displayed at the Stadium and shall be subject to update in the Club’s absolute discretion.