Wasps v London Irish | Key Matchday Info
Date: 17 Oct 2019
Wasps will kick off their 2019/20 Gallagher Premiership campaign at home to newly-promoted London Irish on Sunday 20 October at Ricoh Arena (kick-off 3pm).
Come on down early to enjoy German oompah entertainment from 12.30pm as we host our very first Wasptoberfest, courtesy of The Bierkeller Schunklers in Car Park D.
You can also get your hands on the new kit from the Wasps Shop and don’t miss our 30-minute warm-up offer where fans will be able to enjoy cheaper drink and food prices from when turnstiles open at 1.30pm! Pints will be £4, soft and hot drinks £2, hot dogs £4, pies £3.20, crisps £1.20 and grab bags £2.30!
Get your messages, photos and videos on the big screen this weekend! Simply tweet your message with the #WASvLIR.
Here’s everything else you need to know ahead of the game…
- Wasptoberfest will be taking place in Car Park D from 12.30pm-2.30pm with live entertainment from The Bierkeller Schunklers.
- The second-half of the Rugby World Cup quarter-final between New Zealand and Ireland will be shown in The Mill and The Clubhouse (Clubhouse only for Clubhouse Seasonal Passholders).
- The Clubhouse, Mill, Bakery and Hospitality will all be cashless this Sunday. The stadium will be going cashless later in the season.
- There will be plenty of in-bowl entertainment on the big screen including Fan Cam and the half-time Purity challenge where contestants will be drop-kicking for goal on the pitch!
- For a map of the stadium please click here.
FOOD & DRINK
- Don’t miss our 30-minute warm-up offer (1.30pm-2pm) where you can enjoy drinks and food at cheaper prices. Pints will be £4, soft and hot drinks £2, hot dogs £4, pies £3.20, crisps £1.20 and grab bags £2.30!
- There will also be a variety of beers available to celebrate Wasptoberfest including; Bunny Hop (England), Longhorn (England), Fosters (Australia), Sagres (Portugal), Birra Moretti (Italy), Heineken (Holland), Red Stripe (Jamaica), Tiger (Singapore), Guinness (Ireland), Veltins Pilsener (Germany) and Maisel’s Weisse (Germany).
- Contactless is now offered across the concourse to purchase food and drink.
- Swipestation is available, allowing fans to order food and drink from anywhere in the stadium. Find out how by clicking here.
- Get in-seat delivery of food, drinks and merchandise this Sunday as we trial SeatServe at this game. Read more below or to sign up click here.
- The Wasps Shop is open from 10am-6pm.
- Shirt printing – get your brand-new 2019/20 shirt with printing in-store and collect after the game to save you waiting!
- Buzz Points – bring your Season Membership Cards to collect or use your Buzz Points in-store with our new updated points system.
- Hospitality info desk opens at 12pm.
- Premier Club opens at 12.30pm. All other hospitality suites open at 1pm.
- All suites to close one hour after the final whistle.
- The Clubhouse will be open from 1pm-6pm.
PARKING & TRAVEL
- There is still some car parking space available for the game. Click here to book or find out more about travel and parking.
- Coventry Station shuttle buses will be operational from 12pm-7pm.
- Tickets are still available from just £19 for adults and FREE for under 10s. Click here or call 02476 786411 to book. You will also be able to turn up on the day.
- All print-at-home tickets have now been sent out so make sure you bring yours along on Sunday.
- If you have any safety or security concerns at the venue or need assistance, please use our new fan text service by messaging 07537 453123.
- For more security information please click here.
The service can be found through Ricoh.SeatServe.com, now with instant SMS registration and Apple/Google Pay to checkout. We will ensure that staff are trained to package orders securely and only fulfil deliveries during natural breaks in play, so as not to impact on your enjoyment of the match.
Not only has merchandise from the Club Shop been added to the menu but they have developed a “first come first served” feature to improve the order flow. This prioritises pre-orders (as they help us with staffing/stock requirements) and is designed to better manage your delivery time expectations.
We maintain that, with your cooperation, this solution can eliminate ‘seat traffic’ and draw people away from lines at kick-off/half-time. There’s no impact on our existing front-of-house operation, so we’re still able to serve the same number of people at peak times but by not having to queue, anyone ordering to their seat will help us do so more efficiently in-between.
If you already know where you’re sitting, the menu is ready and waiting so #StaySeated to tag your experience @SeatServeUK!