Press Notes - Wednesday 19 December
Date: 19 Dec 2018
Press Conference Notes
Wasps Director of Rugby Dai Young spoke to the media ahead of Sunday’s Gallagher Premiership clash with Bath Rugby at Ricoh Arena (kick-off 3pm).
Here’s what he had to say:
- It was the best attacking display we’ve produced all season.
- The set-piece was pretty consistent and our defence was good for periods of the game.
- Now we just need a win for confidence, belief and some reward for some pretty decent performances.
On European exit
- It was always going to be tough but it’s hugely disappointing that we won’t be making the knockout stages.
- You want to be in the top competition rubbing shoulders with the best.
- Our recent performances have been heading in the right direction but we have to turn them into results now.
- This Sunday will be a good test of that.
- It will be a fantastic occasion with over 30,000 expected at the Ricoh.
- The Ricoh is always inspiration for us. It’s been a fortress in the past and we never underestimate the fantastic support we’ve got in the Coventry and Warwickshire area.
- From third down to 12th, there is nothing really in it between the teams in the Premiership. There are no easy games.
- This upcoming block of three games will almost define our season.
- We just need that extra five or ten per cent to turn performances into wins.
- We have to win our home games.
- We have some bumps and bruises but nothing too significant from last week.
- The squad is looking far healthier for the New Year.
- Nathan Hughes (hip pointer) is in rehab and could train later in the week. He’s unlikely for the weekend but should be fine for the following week.
- Brad Shields (ankle) should be fit for the weekend but hasn’t trained yet this week.
- Thomas Young (tight calf) should be fine.
- Simon McIntyre and Tommy Taylor (concussion) are unlikely to feature. They are seeing the specialist today.
- Tom Cruse (knee) is touch and go for the weekend. He had an injection to settle it and should be back next week if not this week.
- Dan Robson (ankle) and Joe Launchbury (knee) should be back for the Harlequins match at Twickenham.
- We’ll be in a position soon to announce some good news.
Limited tickets are available for Sunday's match by clicking the link below or calling 02476 786411.
Are you coming to the Christmas Cracker?
Register below to receive all the latest updates about the match - including travel information, what's on and team news!