Nominate U15 players for Wasps' Developing Player Programme
Date: 19 Aug 2019
The online process for nominating Under 15 players for Wasps' Developing Player Programme (DPP) is now open.
The Wasps Developing Player Programme is looking for nominations at U15 (Year 10) age-group. The DPP is aimed at providing high-quality player development experiences, encouraging lifelong participation in the game and enabling those with potential to be clearly identified and supported.
The DPP is not a playing programme, it is purely training and development opportunities.
Nominations for DPP trials will close on the morning of Monday 9 September, 2019.
All nominations should follow the guidelines below:
- One set of nominations per club or school
- Maximum of three nominations per club or school
- Nominations based on W.A.S.P.
Warrior – Someone who battles for their desired outcome
Application – Mastery of elements requiring no talent
Skills – Demonstrates a high level of ability across our core skills
Physical Potential – Someone who has the potential to excel in terms of relative height, strength, speed or power
- Nominated players must meet the eligibility requirements: A) live B) go to school C) play for a club in our region which is made from Buckinghamshire, Coventry & North Warwickshire and Oxfordshire (Cherwell, Oxford City & South Oxfordshire districts only)
- Nominators – please be strict and realistic with nominations, this is not an opportunity for every player. Larger trials create harder environments for staff and creates more room for error. It also creates more disappointed players when selections are made.
- Players already involved in the DPP last season as an U14 do not need to be nominated and are invited to U15s trials. Please only nominate new players if you think they match or surpass the current DPP players from your school/club.
The link to the DPP nominations form is here: https://forms.gle/iQ76edqbkkLboNxh6
More information can be requested from DPP@wasps.co.uk