Wasps Academy youngsters Zac Nearchou and Alfie Barbeary have both been named to start for England U18s ahead of their clash with France at Cheshunt RFC on Sunday 24 March (2pm kick off).
England Under 18s Head Coach Jim Mallinder has named his side which includes several players who toured South Africa last August in the Aon International Series, including James Whitcombe, George Martin, Chunya Munga, Jack Clement, Raphael Quirke, George Barton, Josh Gillespie, Tom Roebuck and Louis Lynagh.
Hooker Barbeary is included, having scored on his U20 debut against Scotland earlier this month, while Martin will again captain the side, having led the U18s to a 36-21 victory against Scotland U18s last weekend.
To mark a change in the pathway calendar, the 2018/19 U18 season started with that summer development tour to South Africa where England played France, Wales and South Africa Schools.
In April an U19s side will play France in Bridgend before the U18 Six Nations festival which is being hosted by England Rugby at Hartpury College and University.
The U18s are led by pathway performance coaches Mallinder and Steve Bates, alongside consultant coaches Mark Luffman, Sean Marsden and Jonathan Fisher.
Luffman (Darlington Mowden Park), Marsden (Bristol Bears Academy) and Fisher (London Irish) all join for the season as part of the coach development agreement.
Mallinder said: “The challenge will be integrating 23 players in a very short period of time into a winning team. I thought we did that very well last weekend with a different group and we’re looking forward to doing it again on Sunday.
“France always pride themselves on their set-piece, we know they will be physical, a big side and will play with individual flair so it will be a good challenge for us.
“The majority of this side toured South Africa last August, we came together relatively quickly and had little preparation, played three international sides all older than us and over the three games improved, so I’m looking forward to seeing how they’ve developed since then. I’ve seen the players perform for their clubs and they’ve all played really well so it will be good to see them playing together as an England team again.
“Home support is always important, we had a great crowd at Billingham last weekend and we’re excited to be playing in front of what we hope is a vocal support at Cheshunt.”
15. Freddie Steward Leicester Tigers (Norwich School)
14. Louis Lynagh Harlequins (Hampton School)
13. Tom Roebuck Sale Sharks (Wirral Grammar)
12. Max Ojomoh Bath Rugby (KES Bath)
11. Josh Gillespie Northampton Saints (Millfield School)
10. George Barton Gloucester Rugby (Dean Close School)
9. Raphael Quirke Sale Sharks (St Ambrose College)
1. Zac Nearchou Wasps (Radley College)
2. Alfie Barbeary Wasps (Bloxham School)
3. James Whitcombe Leicester Tigers (Woodhouse Grove)
4. George Martin Leicester Tigers (Brooksby Melton College) - captain
5. Chunya Munga London Irish (Leighton Park School)
6. Joe Howard Gloucester Rugby (Hartpury College)
7. Jack Reid Harlequins (Wellington College)
8. Jack Clement Gloucester Rugby (Cheltenham College)
16. Theodore Dan Saracens (Alleyn's School)
17. Luke Green London Irish (St Paul’s Catholic College)
18. James Harper Sale Sharks (Merchant Taylor's)
19. Archie Benson Gloucester Rugby (Dean Close School)
20. Josh Gray Gloucester Rugby (Dean Close School)
21. Jack van Poortvliet Leicester Tigers (Oakham School)
22. Tom Curtis Sale Sharks (Sedbergh School)
23. Louis Hillman-Cooper Gloucester Rugby (Cheltenham College)
England U18 2019 home fixtures
England 36-21 Scotland
England v France
Sunday 24 March, KO 2pm GMT
U18 Six Nations Festival fixtures
Matchday one - Saturday 13 April
KO Gillman’s Ground, Gloucester
12:00 England v Wales
14:30 Ireland v France
17:00 Scotland v Italy
Matchday two - Wednesday 17 April
KO Sixways Stadium, Worcester
11:00 France v Italy
13:30 Ireland v England
16:00 Wales v Scotland
Matchday three - Sunday 21 April
KO Kingsholm Stadium, Gloucester
11:00 Scotland v Ireland
13.30 England v France
16:00 Italy v Wales