5 day Train like a pro experience!
If you are an aspiring rugby player looking to be the best you can be, look no further than this Coachclass. Have your rugby skills challenged and developed by some of our best coaches over the course of five days, and test yourself with a full programme based on a professional players training week. There will be lots of different activities to
complement your rugby skills and really develop you as the ‘total’ rugby player.
This camp is only available for the age groups between U13-U18.
A thoroughly enjoyable and rewarding experience that will not leave you disappointed. This course is designed to get the best out of you as players and people. You will learn all the latest techniques and skills from the very cutting edge of the game.
- 5 Days of Rugby Coaching
- Wasps Coachclass Kit
- Coachclass prizes and awards to be won
- Meet Wasps first team players *subjected to pre-season training schedule
- 2 Free tickets to a Wasps game at the Ricoh Arena
We will meet for Breakfast at the Ricoh Arena on the 13th August, where we will run through the final plans for the week, before heading off to Uppingham School. Transport is provided to and from the Ricoh Arena.
Uppingham School, founded in 1584, is one of the leading British boarding schools for the boys and girls. Situated in Uppingham, Rutland; the school is reputable for its wide range of activities and 'total curriculum' approach to education. The school has enviable number of playing fields, covering some 65 acres, and a superb new Sports Centre including nine rugby pitches
We base our Coachclass programme on developing the perfect pass and tackling technique, as well as focusing on game understanding, the breakdown and of course, scoring tries! We believe that every player at any age or level must have a good set of core skills to reach their true rugby potential.
Children do not need to be a member of this school to take part – everyone is welcome!
If you would like any further information or T+C's of the Coachclass program then please contact email@example.com
- Please meet at 9am Monday 13th August at the Ricoh Arena (Ricoh Arena, Phoenix Way, Coventry CV6 6GE)
- We will travel by coach to Uppingham School at around 10am and aim to be at there for 11-11.30am. If you wish to travel directly to Uppingham School please contact us to confirm this.
- Pick up will be from 4pm on Friday 17th August from the Ricoh Arena.
Uppingham School, Uppingham, Rutland, LE15 9QE.
Example of a days schedule on the course:
8.00am - 9.00am Breakfast
9.00am - 9.30am Morning Briefing
9.30am – 11:00am Rugby Session
11.00am - 11.15am Morning Break
11.15am - 12.30pm Skills Session
12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch
1:30pm - 3.00pm Rugby Session
3.00pm - 3.15pm Afternoon Break
3.15pm - 4.30pm Rugby Sessions
4.30pm - 5.30pm Back to Accommodation
5.30pm - 6.30pm Dinner
6.30pm - 9.00pm Evening activity
9.00pm - 10.00pm Free Time
**Exact schedule will be sent out closer to the course dates.
Activities will continue whatever the weather so please remember to bring the following:
- Rugby boots and Trainers (with your name or initials clearly displayed)
- Rugby training kit and protective equipment (There will be 5 days of rugby training so please bring enough kit for this.)
- Gumshield / mouthguard (we strongly recommend that each participant wears a gumshield or has parental permission not to wear one)
- Change of wet-weather clothes (whilst we hope for dry weather please bring kit for all conditions)
- Casual clothing (to wear whilst travelling/meal and downtime
- Clothes suitable for the evening activities (these might include high ropes and other active physical activities)
- Towel/Shower essentials.
- Swimwear as we will have access to the on-site swimming pool
- Drinks bottle (we recommend a 1 litre bottle of fresh water).
- Any required medication and instructions (please inform the Wasps Staff during registration)
- Insect repellent and insect bite cream
Rooms will be 2 or 3 person rooms and will be allocated based on age groups, if you wish to share a room with a specific person then we will aim to accommodate this where possible.
All meals are included if you wish to bring snacks please do.
Community Development Officer: David Griffiths
or call 02476 786395
"Meeting and training with the players was his highlight. Thanks to all the Wasps staff for a fantastic week." - Coachclass Parent - Residential 2017
Coachclass Participant - Residential 2017
"The whole experience was terrific! The Coaches and Supporting Staff made you feel welcome and very much a part of the whole experience. The facilities are second to none. It was great to mix with other lads and nice to see others attending not only from the UK, but overseas too! I would highly recommend this course for anyone wishing to improve their rugby skills and knowledge. Thank you Wasps. "
Coachclass Parent - Residential 2017
“Thomas found all aspects of the camp brilliant and can't wait for next years residential week. Meeting and training with the players was his highlight. Thanks to all the Wasps staff for a fantastic week.”
Coachclass Participant - Residential 2017
“I had an amazing experience at Wasps this summer. Everyone was really friendly and geared up to making this a great week. The coaching team are so approachable and really care about you as an individual and how you can progress with your game. I came back buzzing and inspired after meeting some of the players. ”