At Wasps we are dedicated to encouraging under-represented groups into rugby participation; that of which, includes the participation of Women and Girls.
Our aim is to encourage participation of young women of all ages by providing them with far better opportunities for involvement within the sport, as well as to increase the support and transition for junior girls who wish to join local clubs and develop their rugby experience.
As a result, Wasps Community we are organising a free of charge rugby camp for Junior Girls during the October half-term. The camp will be hosted at Earlsdon RFC (Coventry) on Wednesday 27th October, with the aim to increase the exposure of the women’s game within the region.
The camp day will include:
- The ability for participants to learn the principles and values of rugby
- The ability for participants to mix with both friends and other aspiring junior girls from across the region
- Exposure to the knowledge of a number of local rugby clubs
- Fantastic quality coaching facilitated by our team
- A day of free fun and learning to enjoy away from school.
Registration will be from 09:30 on the day, with awards and sign out at 15:00.
The camp is designed to both provide a day of rugby for those who are already involved in the sport, and to encourage girls with little or no experience of rugby to attend and give it a go!