Wasps Academy Strength & Conditioning – U16 Junior Academy and AASE lead S&C
Date: 15 May 2019
Job Title: Wasps Academy Strength & Conditioning – U16 Junior Academy and AASE lead S&C
Location: Wasps South, Oxford and Buckinghamshire
Report to: Head of Wasps Academy S & C
Term: 2 Years fixed term contract – Start July/August 2019 until 30th June 2021.
Salary: £17,000 per annum
About the role
This is a full-time role, dedicated to delivering the athletic development of the U16 Wasps Junior Academy and U18 AASE players. You must be flexible in your commitment to this role as you will be expected to work on the road and off site, evenings, weekends and match days.
In addition, the role requires you to support the Head of Academy Strength & Conditioning to transition the “next best EAP’s”. A key area of this will be outreach support to specified EAP’s at partner schools’, and leading the delivery of the Academy S&C programme at satellite training Hubs to embed the Wasps academy programme and pathway.
The main regional areas of delivery will be to the Wasps South based players in Oxford and Buckinghamshire and the South based AASE programme.
Key tasks will include:
· Supported by the Head of Academy Strength & Conditioning, lead, plan and manage the implementation of evidence-based Strength & Conditioning programmes for all Wasps U16 Academyand U18 AASE players. Lead the delivery of Wasps U16 Academy players S&C programmes
· Lead physical testing of Wasps U16 and AASE players, in line with the academy testing battery
· Maintain an up to date database of all testing, to be fed back to the Academy Manager
· Daily communication with the U16 and U18 Academy Physiotherapist to ensure alignment of S&C and physio provision
· Deliver S&C sessions to agreed EAP players, where appropriate within their school training schedule
· Be responsible for the maintenance of Game Load data; including all U16 and U18 AASE player game minutes, to monitor adherence, prompting players to record data, and ensure that compliance is maintained as high as possible.
· Liaise on a weekly basis with the Academy Manager, Head of Academy Strength & Conditioning, U16 and U18 Academy Physiotherapist, U16 and AASE rugby coaches to ensure weekly schedules are planned for Wasps U16 and AASE players (where appropriate) on a team and individual basis
· Liaise with the Academy Manager, Head of Academy Strength & Conditioning and U16 Academy Physiotherapist regarding all U16 / U18 EAP player’s ‘Case Conferences’ ensuring that the player is in the optimal physical condition for the age and stage of his development
· With the Head of Academy Strength & Conditioning, Head Academy Physiotherapist and the U18 Academy Physiotherapist , as a multi-disciplinary team, link prehab, rehab and return to play strategies (the Wasps Way) to ensure that players are in the optimal physical condition, and returned to play as fast, and as safely as possible, within a criteria-based framework.
· Ensure that relevant information and data are
available to the Academy Manager and Head of Academy Strength & Conditioning so that key stakeholders can be made aware of issues pertaining to physical development, performance and management of players.
· Attend U18 and U16 Academy fixtures as necessary and agreed with Head of Academy Strength & Conditioning
· Support coach U18 Academy squads and DPP, where agreed with Academy Manager and Head of Academy Strength & Conditioning
· Qualifications are set out as below
· Undergraduate qualification in relevant area; i.e., sports and exercise science, strength and conditioning
· UKSCA accredited
· 1-3 years’ experience working as a strength and conditioning coach in professional sport
· Postgraduate qualification in relevant area; i.e., sports and exercise science, strength and conditioning
· Sports rehabilitation or Physiotherapy qualifications
· The ability to monitor individual performance and training load using robust statistical methods
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 30th May 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 26th June 2019