Date: 5 Feb 2019
Wasps acquired the Ricoh Arena in October 2014 and finished this season top of the premiership. With this ground, breaking acquisition Wasps is now one of the largest rugby clubs in Europe with world class facilities.
The Ricoh Arena is an award-winning venue which has a mix of state of the art conference, banqueting, exhibition, hotel, music and sports facilities. Visited by over 1 million people each year it is a firm favourite in the UK for music promoters as well as business and sports event organisers having hosted global artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay, Rihanna and Robbie Williams.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Sales Administrator to join our team to cover maternity leave on a 9 months temporary contract.
Key tasks will include;
- Generate reports of MI information on sales and market segmentation, targets, KPI’s
- Working within the Sales Team to ensure successful delivery of business at the venue;
- To provide effective support to the C&E sales team to achieve targets
- Create sales contracts and agreements for confirmed business
- Manage the transfer of agreed business with the Event Management department
- To operate and maintain the venue booking system (Delphi), produce detailed Event Function sheets and P&Ls ensuring the highest standards of accuracy within a set time for customers, staff and management information.
- Conduct sales chase calls are all up to date
- To ensure that the team are compliant with all data entry standards into the CMS system
- To coordinate, set the agenda and minute the team sales meeting and other meetings as required according to the Head of Sales.
- Support Sales Managers with administrative duties and assisting with appointments and research if required in the absence of a Sales and Research Executive
- Other sales administrative duties as outline by the Head of Sales
The successful candidate
- A positive attitude and friendly approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Mathematics GSCE level and understanding of Excel and spreadsheets
- Gained experience in a Hotel or Venue Sales environment – Desirable
- Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent - Desirable
- A team player with a keen approach to new challenges / learning.
- Able to communicate clearly, confidently and courteously.
- Able to use tact and discretion, particularly when dealing with complaints.
- Standards orientated with a ‘good eye for detail’
- Smart, professional appearance.
- Sense of fun with a positive outlook, a ‘smiley’ people person
- Efficient IT skills.
Hours of work
This is 32 hours per week. Four days a week - Monday- Friday, working 8 hours a day. 9 Months Maternity Cover.
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary and 20 day’s annual leave plus 8 recognised bank holidays (pro-rata).
Job Title: Sales Administrator
Reports To: Head of Sales
Term: Full Time, Maternity Cover 12 months
Location: Ricoh Arena
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 16th February 2019