Job Title: Operations Director
Division: Arena Coventry Limited
Line Manager: Chief Executive - Venue
We are currently seeking to recruit a dynamic, pragmatic, customer focused Operations Director to join the Senior Team at one of Europe’s leading multi-use venues, the Ricoh Arena. With overall accountability for making sure that every one of the Venue’s 1.6m annual visitors go home happy. The successful candidate will create, own and deliver a plan that delivers a safe, efficient and attractive venue which goes beyond compliance regulations regardless of purpose – sport, business or entertainment. This includes managing and delivering the annual maintenance and CAPEX budgets as well as a diverse team across facilities management, event services, health and safety, security and guest services.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of managing a complex, multi-use venue in sport, leisure, retail or entertainment with demonstrable evidence of being able to devise, execute and monitor plans. Strong financial acumen is also required with knowledge of budget management; project evaluation; capex planning and ongoing cost analysis to identify savings.
Key objectives of the role are:
- Create and deliver an agreed three year maintenance schedule for the Ricoh Arena that delivers compliance regulations; customer expectation; building efficiencies and cost efficiencies. This includes budget management and planning.
- Oversee the wider Building Management System to ensure the efficient and sustainable management of core building systems.
- Ensure the venue exceeds all Health & Safety regulatory requirements and is seen by all visitors as a safe and welcoming environment.
- Manage the overall venue security and guest services plan covering all aspects of operation, working with local agencies as required.
- Create and deliver an effective parking strategy that maximises revenues whilst delivering a strong customer experience across on and off site requirements.
- Manage the Facilities Team to deliver the venue maintenance plan.
- Ensure the Event Services team deliver to all compliance requirements and maximise ancillary revenues where appropriate to do so.
- Manage relationships with Promoters in connection with stadium and arena concerts, working alongside the Commercial Director to maximise margins and profits.
- Identify new commercial rental opportunities and manage the existing portfolio of commercial tenants.
- Create and test all business continuity and crisis management plans in conjunction with the Head of Safety and Security and relevant authorities.
The successful candidate will have strong team management skills and have the ability to influence team members and peers alongside the ability to handle complex building issues and adopt pragmatic approaches to resolutions depending on budgetary and resource constraints or considerations.
They will hold a relevant degree or recognised qualification within Operational or Building Managament. Have previous experience in working with Safety Advisory Groups and have acheived a Health & Safety qualification to a NEBOSH level.
What is in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave including the recognised English Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Death in service benefit
- Onsite discounts within the Wasps retail store and food outlets
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Claire Collins, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 29th February 2020
We reserve the right to end the application process early at our sole discretion.