Wasps Sport, made up of men’s and women’s rugby, the academy, netball and the Community Foundation, is one of the best-known names in world sport, with a proud, colourful and diverse history spanning over 150 years.
We have something different to offer you because difference is part of our DNA. We’ve been different from the very beginning. In 1871 we forfeited the right to be a founding member of the RFU when we turned up at the wrong pub, on the wrong day, at the wrong time.
Difference is our strength. It helps us stay ahead of the game. Wasps isn’t a place, it’s about the people. We are Wasps and we don’t do the ordinary. Does that sound like you?
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Wasps to join our experienced sports medicine team. We are looking to recruit a Men's 1st team Physiotherapist with a special interest and proven track record in the rehabilitation of elite athletes, in addition to experience working in the elite Rugby environment or an equivalent sport whereby your skills can be directly transferred.
This opportunity has come at a very exciting time for the club, as it will coincide with our the relocation to a new training facility based in Henley-in-Arden.
The right candidate will be able to immediately add value to our forward thinking and dynamic multi- disciplinary Performance department, have a strong commitment to professional development and be confident managing their own case load of Senior professional Rugby players whilst supporting more junior members of our Physiotherapy team.
The Physiotherapist will be responsible for contributing to all aspects of the Physiotherapy service provision with a bias towards Rehabilitation.
- Oversee treatment and rehabilitation of long term injured senior players.
- Formulate and supervise detailed, recorded Rehabilitation programs & return to play Schedules for players in consultation with the Head of Physiotherapy.
- Formulate weekly and daily rehabilitation schedules
- Collaborate closely with the Rehabilitation Conditioner and other members of the performance and coaching team to support the rehabilitation, reconditioning and training integration of injured athletes in your care.
- Collaborate closely with the Rehabilitation Conditioner to enhance the return to performance program and pathways.
- Liaise with the Head of Physiotherapy regarding the management of all injured players in your care and all aspects of service development.
- Provide match day Physiotherapy cover to the senior squad.
- Contribute to routine examination, assessment and treatment of Senior players
Keeping documentation on all aspects of injury management in accordance to the standards set by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Liaise closely with the Head of Physiotherapy regarding assessment findings and treatment progression for the players, injury status and progress on a daily basis.
Provide match day physiotherapy and pitchside trauma cover for the Senior Team matches and training days as required.
Maintaining a good working relationship with all key personnel, colleagues and players as well as outside the organisation
To keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the departments CPD program with a bias towards Rehabilitation initiatives & innovations.
To carry out any other duties that may be required by management and are within the post-holders capabilities.
Attributes and Behaviours:
Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others and takes pride in the achievement of team objectives. A strong commitment to professional development and shares ideas and information.
- BSc Physiotherapy or equivalent for a minimum of 5 years
- CSP registration
- HCPC registration
- Immediate care in Sport Level 3 or equivalent
- Evidence of working as a Physiotherapist in elite sport for a minimum of three years
Have worked as a Physiotherapist in Elite sport for a minimum of 5 years at Senior Squad level
Experience working in a Rehabilitation role
MSc in Sports Physiotherapy or equivalent
Head of Physiotherapy
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Wasps Training Ground, Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire
Type of contract: Full time
Job Title: First Team Rehabilitation Physiotherapist
How to apply: Email CV & Covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 28th July 2021
Interview dates: Friday 30 th July – Monday 1st August