The Head Academy Physiotherapist will work across the whole Academy pathway but primarily be responsible for the medical provision to the fully contracted Senior Academy players as well as leading the Academy Physiotherapist department that oversees the medical provision across the rest of the pathway. This is a full-time role of 37.5 working hours per week, you must be flexible in your commitment, due to the nature of the role there is a requirement to work flexible across days, evenings, and weekends.
This dedicated Academy role will be based at the new Wasps Training Centre, in Henley-in-Arden, however, there may be occasions where travel to other training venues or partner schools is required.
The role requires excellent clinical knowledge, experience, and a proven ability to work independently as well as managing an elite rugby caseload. The key requirements include at least 3 years post-graduate experience, being able to demonstrate a strong sport focused career pathway. HCPC and CPS registration, PHICIS or IMMOF qualifications are mandatory.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To lead the Wasps Academy Physiotherapy department, directly line managing all Academy Physiotherapy staff as well as liaising daily with other Academy staff, players and with Wasps 1st XV medical staff.
- To ensure all Academy injuries are assessed, diagnosed, and treated in a timely manner, and that a structured treatment and rehabilitation plan in relation to the diagnosis is implemented.
- Develop evidence-based practice and protocols within the Academy, integrating Physiotherapy and Strength & Conditioning to optimize the delivery of prehabilitation and rehabilitation to Wasps Academy Players.
- To take a lead role in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment for Wasps Senior Academy players and EAP’s where applicable.
- To support in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for Wasps Junior Academy players where applicable.
- Ensure availability from yourself and / or your department to ensure all Academy activity has the relevant Medical cover. This involves organising Matchday Doctors when appropriate.
- To organise & co-ordinate Cardiac Screening of Academy players in an annual programme to ensure compliance with RFU guidance.
- To liaise with Specialist Consultants to optimise injury management and treatment along with improving our post-operative rehabilitation protocols.
- Maintain, support, and develop relationships with our established partner schools, ensuring excellent communication lines are maintained between Wasps Academy Physiotherapy department and our network of state and independent partner schools.
- To work with the Academy Operations Co-Ordinator on the administration tasks and communication processes of the Physiotherapy department, including those to players, parents, club & school coaches, and other key stakeholders.
- To meet, and keep updated, all mandatory qualifications and registrations as set out by Wasps and RFU Guidelines.
- To attend regular interdisciplinary case conferences, leading on relevant areas and players, ensuring appropriate support to aid long term development.
Skills and Competencies:
Essential: Qualified Physiotherapist HCPC registered, member of the CSP.
Desirable: 5 Years post graduate. 3 Previous experience working in an elite professional Sporting environment. Pitch side PHICIS level 3 qualified
- To be a forward-thinking physiotherapist who is committed to developing their own knowledge and experience.
- Positivity and Enthusiastic.
- Flexible & Adaptable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (team, coach, and player interaction).
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 19th April 2021 @ 5pm – (the company reserves the right to end the advert earlier)
Interview Date: Week commencing 26th April 2021 – Social Distance Measures will be required and must be adhered to.