Wasps are committed to working with local communities, utilising the power of sport to provide opportunity, inspiration and education for all.
This role will be delivering across a number of community engagement programmes with a particular focus on Project Rugby. Project Rugby is designed to increase participation in the game by people from traditionally underrepresented groups including people from diverse ethnic backgrounds, people from lower socio-economic backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Within this role there will be a diverse range of participants and will include delivery in primary and secondary school as well as grassroots clubs. The role covers all aspects of planning and delivering sessions including monitoring and evaluation of all activity.
The Community Rugby Coach position will be based at the Ricoh Arena with delivery of the programme in the surrounding areas. Due to the nature of the job some evening and weekend work will be required. Applicants must hold a valid driving license and have access to a suitable vehicle.
To deliver Wasps Community programmes across the local community, with a focus on working with people from diverse ethnic backgrounds.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Build relationships with schools, grassroots clubs and other community engagement organisations.
- To be responsible for high quality delivery of coaching sessions in a variety of different setting including primary and secondary schools, grassroots clubs and other community settings.
- To keep accurate monitoring records for all sessions and contribute to the gathering and analysis of evaluation information on Upshot’s reporting system.
- To maximise opportunities to raise awareness amongst the target audiences and the surrounding areas of rugby activities and encourage their participation.
- To produce regular update reports for the Head of Community, Premiership Rugby and related partners as required
- To identify and follow up potential opportunities to develop activities in line with the strategic development of the Wasps Community programme
- Attend regional and national meetings as necessary
Required skills and experience:
- RFU Level 2 Coaching Award
- First Aid Qualified
- Proven experience of delivering coaching across age groups and environments
- Knowledge of Child protection and Safeguarding
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels both external and internal
- Ability to perform in a busy environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and be flexible to change in an evolving business
- Ability to work to a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Ability to make decisions and use own initiative
- Knowledge in managing and being responsible for budgets would be desirable
- Current UK Driving License
- Access to a car