Clubs Community Development Officer
Date: 11 Jan 2019
Position/Title: Clubs Community Development Officer
Location: Coventry, Warwickshire
Contract: Full time
Reporting to: Community Manager
The main focus of the role is to coordinate and deliver community activity with a particular focus on our Rugby Clubs programme. The role will include delivery across all community programmes and include working on match days and weekend events. The role will cover all aspects of delivery from planning, implementing and reviewing/reporting of community programmes.
- Engage with clubs and other key community partners in line with the Wasps Community strategy and objectives set by the Community Manager.
- Taking ownership of our Coachclass Rugby Camps programme including assisting with the design, implementation and management.
- Plan, deliver and lead where appropriate with coaching sessions to meet the needs of a variety of programme aims – eg after school coaching, in school coaching, club development visits, residential/non-residential rugby camps.
- Assist and lead where appropriate on community engagement events
- Report feedback on all activity via the Upshot online system with relevant data.
- Reporting activity and output as required including social media.
- Be part of the extensive Matchday team covering the promotion and delivery aspects of pre, during and post-match. To include coaching sessions, fan engagement sessions and Matchday experiences.
- This role will require a flexible approach to working hours, there will be weekday, weekend and evening work due to the nature of the role.
- A full driving license is required and there will be a requirement to be fully DBS certified.
- This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the Organisation.
- The role is predominantly field based, when not delivering the role will be based at the Ricoh Arena
Desired Skills & Experience
- RFU Level 2 qualified coach (minimum)
- First Aid Qualified
- Knowledge of Child protection and Safeguarding
- Proven experience of delivering coaching across age groups and environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels both external and internal
- Organisational skills
- Ability to perform in a busy environment
- Flexible to change in an evolving business
- Knowledge in managing and being responsible for budgets would be desirable
- Previous experience in People management/supervisory
- Essential Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Outgoing and passionate about rugby and Wasps
- Self-motivated - Ability to work on their own, can work independently or as part of a team.
Attributes & Behaviours:
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others and takes pride in the achievement of team objectives
- A strong commitment to professional development
- Shares ideas and information
- Displays the highest standards of customer care
- Professional conduct at all times as befitting an international sports Organisation.
How to apply: Email CV & Covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: 27th January 2019
Interview date: w/c 28th January 2019
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The charity promotes the education, motivation and inspiration of people through the power of sport in particular the advancement of education, the protection of good health both mental and physical and the relief of poverty, distress and disability or sickness and such other exclusively charitable purposes which are of benefit to our communities.