Date: 16 May 2019
Job Title: Academy Physiotherapist
Location: Wasps Rugby, Broadstreet
Report to: Head of Academy Physiotherapy
Term: Full time / 2 Years fixed term contract – Start July/August 2019 until 30th June 2021.
Salary: £22,500 per annum
About the role
This is a full-time role, dedicated as the direct lead of the Wasps Junior Academy u18 squad. You must be flexible in your commitment to this role as you will be expected to work on the road and off site, evenings, weekends and match days.
Key tasks will include:
- The direct lead of all Wasps Junior Academy (U18) Squad Player injuries and implement a structured treatment and rehabilitation plan in relation to the diagnosis and intervention of specific individual player’s needs.
- Working with the Wasps Junior Academy S&C and supported by the Head of S&C and Head of Physiotherapy, take a lead to develop evidence based medical practices within the academy, integrating physiotherapy and S&C to optimise delivery, including stakeholder involvement of physical rehabilitation and preparation services to Wasps Academy players – ‘RTP The Wasps Way’.
- Assist the Head Academy physio on 3 days per week in the diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and intervention of the Senior Academy Dev. Squad, liaising with Senior 1stXV Medical staff where required, Loan Club and Universities. Working days will depend on training days. Feeding back to Head Academy Physio daily.
- To liaise with key stakeholders for example partner schools and England age groups and lead on all EAP and PDG players medical handover where necessary. In addition to this provide the Academy Manager and relevant coaches a detailed weekly injury / RTP report of EAP players and identified U18 and U16 PDG players.
- Appropriate record keeping using Rugby Squad of all physiotherapy interventions and contact time with both EAP, Junior Academy and Senior Academy squad players.
- To provide match-day care for selected and agreed Academy age-group team fixtures.
- To provide a total of 2 weekly clinics, (2 minimum for Wasps Under 18s) to allow for evidence-based assessment and management of musculoskeletal injuries.
- Meet all of the RFU PHICIS Trauma Course qualifications, and attend courses annually as required.
- Along with the Head Academy Physio, contribute to
the ongoing development of medical provision for academy players at Wasps, through regular internal professional reflective practice – lead by protecting time with the Head Academy Physio every 3-4 weeks .
- Where appropriate arrange, coach and treat identified EAP U18 and U16 players through our outreach in school programme.
- Attend regular and scheduled Case Conferencing and lead on key areas, all U18 age groups selected Senior Academy players and individual EAP players throughout the season to support their long-term athlete development and progression
- Maintain medical supplies for Junior Academies (U16 & U18) and create orders from supported suppliers.
Essential: Qualified Physiotherapist HCPC registered, member of the CSP.
Desirable: 3 Years post graduate. Previous experience working in elite professional sport.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 17th June 2019
Interview Date: Between 1st – 3rd July 2019