Job Title: Academy DDP Manager and ACDO
Location: Academy Regional Area – will need to reside in a central area within the clubs Academy geographical area – Based across Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire & Warwickshire
Term: Fixed Term – Dec 2021 – June 2023 – Dual role
Salary: £20-24 k per annum, plus company car, dependent upon experience
Due to working across different programs and pathways, you must be flexible in your commitment as this role will include working evening and weekends.
This role includes managing all aspects of the Wasps Developing Player Programme which is committed to providing a high-quality player development experience, which encourages lifelong participation in the game whilst enabling those with the greatest potential to be clearly identified.
As the Academy Coach Development Officer (ACDO) the role also requires supporting the development of Wasps pathway coaches by creating a programme that will strive to allow all coaches to provide excellent coaching every time for every player.
The role requires excellent leadership, communication and inter-personal skills. Dealing with stakeholders will be required in person, on the phone and via email. The ability to be attentive, organised and work independently is also a must. Additionally, being IT literate is essential.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To work to refine and develop a comprehensive Developing Player Programme across all of our Academy geographic catchment areas. This will include curriculum design, staff recruitment, logistics and supporting the administration of delivery.
- To plan, deliver and review engaging and progressive rugby coaching sessions to players of all ages, with a particular focus on u16 age group.
- To establish & build relationships with schools & rugby clubs across the Academy geographic region [in particular within Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire] via the delivery of coaching sessions and visits.
- To take a lead role in the professional development of the team of Wasps Pathway Coaches by organising and delivering a range of CPD opportunities throughout the season.
- To coach regular sessions at the Wasps ACE College (City of Oxford College)
- To work with all internal Wasps partners to ensure that the Wasps brand and Wasps messages are shared with all relevant stakeholders including rugby clubs and schools throughout our region.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties in line with making Wasps a world leader within the rugby community
- To hold, or at least be working towards a RFU Level 3 or an equivalent rugby coaching qualification, with a desire to progress.
- To have experience of, or desire to, work within the recognised player pathway and Academy system.
- To hold a UK driving licence.
- To hold a RFU DBS clearance or be willing to apply for one.
- To be a forward-thinking rugby coach who is committed to developing their own knowledge and experience.
- Specialism of coaching forwards & set piece – Desirable
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing of application: 5pm on Friday 15th October
Interview dates: W/C 25th October