Opportunities at Wasps
Do you want to join our team? All vacancies within Wasps will be posted on this page.
Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Reports To: Marketing Director
Location: Ricoh Arena, Coventry CV6
Wasps acquired the Ricoh Arena in October 2014 and finished this season top of the premiership. With this ground breaking acquisition Wasps is now one of the largest rugby clubs in Europe with world class facilities.
The Ricoh Arena is an award-winning venue which has a mix of state of the art conference, banqueting, exhibition, hotel, music and sports facilities. Visited by over 1 million people each year it is a firm favourite in the UK for music promoters as well as business and sports event organisers having hosted global artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay, Rihanna and Robbie Williams.
About the role
The focus of the role is to provide a one business solution for web sites social media and app content for Wasps and the Ricoh Arena. Working closely with the marketing and Community functions the role will provide interesting and engaging on line content to help drive traffic, new data and ticket sales. In addition, provide support for digital advertising campaigns across all forms of social media with relevant reporting.
Key tasks will include;
- Work closely with Marketing team across Data, Insights and Events to ensure targets for attendance and data capture are met.
- Oversee the development of the ‘one web solution’ and work closely with the IT development team.
- Ensure the customer journey online is user friendly whilst focused on the business needs.
- Provide interesting and engaging online and social media content and measure effectiveness.
- Driving online traffic to both the Ricoh Arena and Wasps website
- Ensure digital media spend is measured and effective across all groups.
- Liaise closely and provide focus for Communications executives.
- Ensure the marketing function is kept up to date with the latest online and social media content.
- Work closely with performance departments and communications executives to provide high quality video content for a range of platforms.
- Review new technologies and ensure the company is at the forefront of developments in digital marketing
- Support Events manager on match/event days to provide interesting content to enhance the matchday experience.
- Work in conjunction with Marketing Managers to propose best digital outputs within individual event marketing campaigns.
The successful candidate – Desired skills and qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Digital Marketing Experience
- Strong and up to date knowledge of the digital environment.
- Ability to perform within a busy environment
- Adaptable to change
- People management experience
- Proficient in setting up on line information, data & reporting
- Good attention to detail
- Outgoing and passionate about rugby and the Wasps/Ricoh Arena brand
- Self-motivated- Ability to work on owninitiative, can work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Hours of work
This is 35 hours per week. The flexibility to work outside normal office hours and cover event days both match and non-match days is a requirement of this role due to the nature of tasks involved. This may include weekends and public holidays.
What’s on offer?
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 17th November 2017
Wasps Developing Player Programme (DPP)
“Providing high quality player development experiences, encouraging lifelong participation in the game and enabling those with potential to be clearly identified and supported.”
The Wasps Academy has responsibility for developing potential elite players in a geographical region that covers Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Coventry and Warwickshire, with a DPP Centre in each of the regions. The DPP’s are a step on the player development pathway, with successful players progressing into the Wasps Junior Academy.
With the continued development and expansion of the Wasps DPP we are looking to recruit for a number of roles across all of our regions.
DPP Age Group Lead Coaches (Job spec here)
DPP Support Coaches (job spec here)
DPP Centre Co-ordinators (job spec here)
DPP Volunteer Athletic Development Coach (job spec here)
Some of the roles will receive a small payment towards expenses, with other roles being on a volunteer basis. All successful applicants will receive Wasps kit as well as free access to CPD events run by Wasps.
The majority of the sessions will run weekly during the rugby season on Monday evenings. There will be approximately 20 sessions throughout the season.
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying which region you are applying for.
Wasps Matchday Stewards
We are recruiting Rugby Match Day Stewards to join our friendly, approachable security team. Successful candidates will be responsible for stewarding public areas of the stadium including the main hospitality areas ensuring that our guests receive excellent customer service through providing of clear and accurate information as well as ensuring the safety of our guests.
Please note that all applicants have to be over 18 years old.
For more information and to apply, please email: email@example.com