Haskell to start for England against Wales
James Haskell has been named to start in the back row when England take on Wales at the Millenium Stadium on Friday night, kick off 20:05.
Haskell joins Chris Robshaw and Billy Vunipola in the back row as England line up against Wales in the opening game of the 2015 RBS 6 Nations.
Ahead of the game, England Head Coach Lancaster said: “We’ve had to make some tight calls but we are excited about the side selected for what will be a big challenge.
“JJ has been one of the form centres in the country. He and Luther have trained well together and this is a big opportunity for both of them.
“Billy Vunipola has also been playing well for Saracens and it’s good to be able to give George Kruis his first international start after his impressive run off the bench in November.
“Dan Cole and James Haskell bring a lot of experience, as do the bench, and their contribution will be crucial on Friday night.” England match-day 23 to face Wales
15. Mike Brown (Harlequins, 33 caps)
14. Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, 4 caps)
13. Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby, 6 caps)
12. Luther Burrell (Northampton Saints, 7 caps)
11. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 11 caps)
10. George Ford (Bath Rugby, 6 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 42 caps)
1. Joe Marler (Harlequins, 26 caps)
2. Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints, 61 caps)
3. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 45 caps)
4. David Attwood (Bath Rugby, 16 caps)
5. George Kruis (Saracens, 4 caps)
6. James Haskell (Wasps, 53 caps)
7. Chris Robshaw (captain, Harlequins, 32 caps)
8. Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 12 caps)
16. Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 17 caps)
17. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 15 caps)
18. Kieran Brookes (Newcastle Falcons, 6 caps)
19. Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers, 38 caps)
20. Nick Easter (Harlequins, 47 caps)
21. Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens, 16 caps)
22. Danny Cipriani (Sale Sharks, 9 caps)
23. Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby, 16 caps)