London Wasps' and RGS High Wycombe's Jack Wallace
The England Under 18s team to face Tucuman Under 18s in Argentina on Saturday at Los Torcos, kick-off 8pm (BST) has today been announced.
The match is the first of four games for the England Under 18s team while they are in Argentina, and they go into their South American tour on the back of a Grand Slam of victories in the Six Nations Festival this season.
London Wasps' and RGS High Wycombe's Jack Wallace has been named in the starting 15 and fellow Wasp and Aylesbury Grammar School student Sam Jones joins him in the side on the bench.
The starting line-up includes 12 players who featured in the successful Six Nations Festival campaign, as well as two players, Will Welch and Marcus Watson, who have made the step up from the England Under 18s Association Europeenne de Rugby (AER) squad. Centre Owen Farrell, an England Under 16s player this season, has also been given the nod to start. Harlequins prop Joe Marler will captain the side.
England Under 18s Head Coach John Fletcher said: "We are really looking forward to our first match on this important development tour. We arrived in Argentina on Tuesday morning and ever since it has been uncharacteristically warm and very sunny.
"Training has been going very well and considering the addition of new players to this Under 18s squad, all the lads have bonded very well. That is exactly what we need as we have to be on top of our came come Saturday. We know Tucuman will be a very physical side, but we are looking forward to our first game and getting this tour started."
England Under 18s:
1. Joe Marler (C), Harlequins
2. Jamie George, Saracens, Haileybury
London Wasps' and Aylesbury Grammar Schools' Sam Jones
3. Mako Vunipola, Bristol Rugby, Millfield
4. Tom Holmes, Sale Sharks, Sandbach
5. James Gaskell, Sale Sharks, Sandbach
6. Will Welch, Newcastle Falcons, RGS Newcastle
7. Joe Barker, Leeds Carnegie, QEGS Wakefield
8. Jamie Gibson, London Irish, Marlborough College
9. Sam Harrison, Leicester Tigers, John Cleveland College
10. Freddie Burns, Gloucester Rugby, Bath College
11. Will Hurrell, Leicester Tigers, Queen Elizabeth II
12. Owen Farrell, Saracens, St Georges
13. Andy Forsyth, Leicester Tigers, QEGS Wakefield
14. Marcus Watson, London Irish, St George's College
15. Jack Wallace, London Wasps, RGS High Wycombe
16. David Blackwell, Gloucester Rugby, Hartpury
17. Peter Austin, London Irish, Worthing College
18. Joe Quinn, St Wilfred's School, Leeds Carnegie
19. Sam Jones, London Wasps, Aylesbury Grammar School
20. Sam Edgerley, London Irish, Wellington College
21. Joe Cobden, Leicester Tigers, King Edward VI Lichfield
22. Rory Clegg, Newcastle Falcons, Barnard Castle
23. Jordi Pasqualin, Gloucester Rugby, The Kings School
England Under 18s Argentinean Tour Itinerary
England v Tucuaman U18s, July 19th, Los Tos Tarcos, kick-off 8pm BST
England v Buenos Aires U18s, July 23rd, KO TBC
England v Mendoza U18s, July 27th, KO TBC
England v Argentina, August 3rd, KO TBC
Pictures courtesy of Bruce Seabrook of GPA Images